Quorum, Milton Keynes
Quorum is a small chamber choir based in Milton Keynes who sing renaissance and contemporary sacred choral music at services in local churches. Each year Quorum sings services at a Cathedral as a visiting choir.
Quorum’s repertoire includes music by renaissance composers Tallis, Byrd, Victoria, Lassus, Guerrero, etc and contemporary composers Part, Miskinis, Macmillan, Jackson, etc.
Quorum is available to sing at weddings in local churches and at corporate events in the Milton Keynes/North Bucks area.
The choir is well known for the high quality of its singing, its flexibility, and ability to provide suitable music for a range of church services including Choral Evensongs and Sung Eucharists.
The group is considered ‘quorate’ when there are enough people present to cover each part, hence the name Quorum.
In May Quorum travels to Crowland Abbey to sing at a service for Ascension, Pentecost and Trinity. Quorum singing music by Francesco Guerrero and John Sheppard.
Quorum’s next Cathedral visit is 30-31 July at Hereford Cathedral.
Quorum will sing Sunday services at Peterborough Cathedral on Sunday 21 August.
Ascension, Pentecost and Trinity Service at 6 pm
Sunday, 22 May, 2016
- Ascendens Christus in altum, Francisco Guerrero
- Dum complerentur dies Pentecostes, Francisco Guerrero
- O lux beata Trinitas, Francisco Guerrero
- Libera nos, salva nos, John Sheppard
Patronal Evensong at 5.30 pm
Sunday, 17 July, 2016
St Mary Magdalene, Willen, Milton Keynes
- Introit: Cantate Domino, Hans Leo Hassler
- Psalm 42
- Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis: Short Service, Thomas Tallis
- Anthem: Jubilate Deo omnis terra, Hans Leo Hassler