Quorum, Milton Keynes
Quorum is a chamber choir in Milton Keynes who specialise in singing Renaissance and Contemporary sacred choral music. The choir is based at St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen in Milton Keynes where each year they sing several Evensongs and at the Carol Service. The choir also has a long tradition of singing at services at local services, and each year Quorum sings weekend services at cathedrals around the country.
Highly praised for its excellent and expressive singing, Quorum is considered as one of the finest amateur choirs in the area singing Renaissance and Contemporary choral music. In its choice of repertoire Quorum showcases little known Renaissance music and extends this principle to Contemporary music. The choir is well known for its innovative and imaginative programming of Contemporay choral music alongside music from the Renaissance.
Quorum is available to sing at weddings in local churches and at corporate events in the Milton Keynes/North Bucks area.
The group is considered ‘quorate’ when there are enough people present to cover each part, hence the name Quorum. If you are interested in joining Quorum please contact us as vacancies arise from time to time.
On Saturday 8 April, Quorum will be giving a concert at 7.30 pm at St Mary the Virgin Church in Eaton Bray. The concert will feature music and poetry for Holy Week including William Byrd’s Infelix ego, John Taverner’s Dum Transisset, pieces by contemporary composers, Philip Stopford, Rihards Dubra and Tomas Luis de Victoria’s Tenebrae Responsories.
On Palm Sunday, 9 April at 6 pm Quorum will be singing at St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen in Milton Keynes in a service for Holy Week.
Concert at 7.30 pm
Saturday, 8 April, 2017
St Mary the Virgin Church, Eaton Bray LU6 2DP Concert of Music and Poetry for Holy Week
- Hosanna filio David, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Salvator Mundi, Thomas Tallis
- Ave verum corpus, Philip Stopford
- In monte oliverti, Juozas Naujalis
- O crux ave, Rihards, Dubra
- Infelix ego, William Byrd
- O vos omnes, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Eram quasi agnus, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Una hora, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Tenebrae factae sunt, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Caligaverunt oculi mei, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Ecce quomondo mortur, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Sepulto domino, Tomas Luis de Victoria
- Dum transisset sabbatum, John Taverner
Reflection for Holy Week at 6.00 pm
Sunday, 9 April, 2017
St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen, Milton Keynes Music for Holy Week