Quorum, Milton Keynes
Quorum is a small chamber choir based in Milton Keynes who sing renaissance and contemporary sacred choral music at services in local churches. Each year Quorum sings services at a Cathedral as a visiting choir.
Quorum’s repertoire includes music by renaissance composers Tallis, Byrd, Victoria, Lassus, Guerrero, etc and contemporary composers Part, Miskinis, Macmillan, Jackson, etc.
Quorum is available to sing at weddings in local churches and at corporate events in the Milton Keynes/North Bucks area.
The choir is well known for the high quality of its singing, its flexibility, and ability to provide suitable music for a range of church services including Choral Evensongs and Sung Eucharists.
The group is considered ‘quorate’ when there are enough people present to cover each part, hence the name Quorum.
Quorum will be singing at an Advent Evensong at St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen on Sunday 29 November at 6 pm (First Sunday of Advent). Music includes a setting of the Advent Prose by Judith Weir and Laetentur coeli by William Byrd.
Quorum finishes 2015 by singing in the annual Carol Service on Sunday 13 December at St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen at 5 pm. This is a popular service and early arrival is recommended.
Advent Evensong at 6 pm
Sunday, 29 November, 2015
St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen, Milton Keynes
- Introit: Advent Prose, Judith Weir
- Psalm 9
- Preces and Responses: William Smith
- Magnifcat and Nunc Dimittis: Short Service, Thomas Tallis
- Anthem: Laetentur coeli, William Byrd
Carol Service at 5 pm
Sunday, 13 December, 2015
St Mary Magdalene Church, Willen, Milton Keynes Congregation Carols Music sung by Quorum
- Riu, riu, chiu, Mateo Flecha (1481-1553)
- Hodie Christus natus est, Luca Marenzio (c1553-1599)
- A spotless rose, Herbert Howells (1892-1983)
- Lux aurumque, Eric Whitacre (1970-)
- Lully, Lulla, Lullay, Philip Stopford (1977-)