Quorum, Milton Keynes
Quorum is a small chamber choir based in Milton Keynes who sing renaissance and contemporary sacred choral music at services in local churches. Each year Quorum sings services at a Cathedral as a visiting choir.
Quorum’s repertoire includes music by renaissance composers Tallis, Byrd, Victoria, Lassus, Guerrero, etc and contemporary composers Part, Miskinis, Macmillan, Jackson, etc.
Quorum is available to sing at weddings in local churches and at corporate events in the Milton Keynes/North Bucks area.
The choir is well known for the high quality of its singing, its flexibility, and ability to provide suitable music for a range of church services including Choral Evensongs and Sung Eucharists.
The group is considered ‘quorate’ when there are enough people present to cover each part, hence the name Quorum.
On Saturday 8 October Quorum will give its only concert of 2016 at St Mary the Virgin, St Neots. Concert is at 7.30 pm and admission is £10 on the door.
Programme features music from Renaissance and Contemporay choral music including Thomas Tallis, Arvo Part, Gabriel Jackson, Philip Stopford, John Sheppard.
Concert at St Mary the Virgin, St Neots at 7.30 pm
Saturday, 8 October, 2016
Admission is £10 on the door to include an interval drink Concert of choral music by Renaissance and Contemporary composers
- Libera nos, Salva nos, John Sheppard
- O lux beata Trinitas, Francisco Guerrero
- Salva nos Domine, Jean Mouton
- Pater peccavi, Duarte Lobo
- Out of the Deep, Thomas Tallis
- I call and cry to thee, Thomas Tallis
- Laetuntur coeli, William Byrd
- O sacrum convivium, Gabriel Jackson
- The Deer's Cry, Arvo Part
- O radiant dawn, James MacMillian
- Drop down, ye heavens from above, Judith Weir
- Nunc dimittis from Truro Service, Philip Stopford
- Ubi caritas, Ola Gjeillo
- Columba aspexit, Hildegard de Bingen for baritone solo and male chorus
- A piece for soprano solo, Gravin Bryars
Evensong at 7.00 pm
Friday, 11 November, 2016
St Martin's Church, Fenny Stratford